WILL YOU MARRY ME?
1. Do you believe in marriage?
I do. I feel differently about it than I did years ago, but I still think it’s something meaningful and important.
2. Have you ever proposed marriage or been proposed to marry? What happened?
Honestly, I’ve been married twice, but was only proposed to once. My ex husband asked me, but my husband decided to take the easy way out. We were sitting at my mom’s dining room table and he asked me, “If I asked you to marry me, would you say yes?” I told him I would and he immediately called his mom and told her we were engaged. It was cute how he acted, be I wish he had truly asked me.
3. What would be your dream way of proposing marriage?
If he had asked me at all, it would have been nice. Maybe just he and I, at the beach at sunset like we always did together…
4. What would be your nightmarish way of proposing marriage?
Something extravagant and in front of a lot of people. I don’t like being the center of attention and that would have really bothered me.
5. Mainstream society has engagement rings; in your opinion, what token should be given to signify engagement?
I actually really like the whole idea of having rings. Maybe not engagement rings, but to wear rings to signify marriage. It shows others that you’re taken and I love the whole concept of it.
6. What do you think would have happened to cause someone to have “Will you marry me?” on the back of their caravan?
I’d love to think it was a super romantic thing some man did for his lady, perhaps surprising her as she drove behind him for a special getaway. But, that probably wasn’t the case. Perhaps it was a cruel joke his best bud played on he and his girlfriend…that could be awkward!
Bonus: Tell us about someone you would have proposed to but never had the chance/opportunity.
I wouldn’t have proposed to anyone. I actually like the tradition of the man asking the lady, but that’s just me!
I’m with you on preferring the tradition of hte man asking the lady. I’ve also enjoye dthe quip that it isn’t out of place for the woman to ask the man if he’s goign to propose. I heard one story where a woman did that, and her boyfriend responded by dropping to his knee and asking her.